Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Recovering a Sense of Possibility

Artist Way
week 5


Last night at sundown I took a walk through a nearby farm that's open to the public.
The corn is tall and the sun was glistening gold on top of the stalks.
On the path around the corn was an orchard of citrus trees. I was thrilled to see deep dark green limes growing there, as well as oranges and grapefruit. Shhhh! I picked one. Bit into it for a delicious tart sensation. mmmmm



Further down the path....there were Pomegranete trees. Peacocks and peahens strutted under the trees. They had some young scruffy looking peachicks following them and nibbling from the ground. The sky was pink. In the distance there was a silhouette of a windmill in the sunset.
Ahh life is good.
That's more than a possibility.



After I got home, My sister called and we finished planning our trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico. Yes! We( My sister and I) are leaving on Friday morning. Driving to Albuquerque NM for my Aunts 90th birthday party. While there we will make the drive up to Santa Fe and Taos through amazing native american historical sites. We'll see those mountains Julia Cameron was looking out at as she wrote The Artist Way. We will see Georgia O'keeffee's stomping ground....and we'll see lots and lots of ART!
This has been on my wish list for awhile.
Julia suggested we take a longer art date perhaps a weekend...
and just like that this trip came up.
Oh yes I'll carve some private time for myself while there.

Like Emily says "I dwell in possibility."

examples of Navajo Rugs from the Internet

16 comments:

  1. Oh how fun. My son once lived in Albuquerque New Mexico. I hope you have so much fun and I do mean that. Life is great, enjoy while we can. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! this is fantastic... you have a wonderful time, dear soul sis... you deserve it.. enjoy the art and the private time xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! What an exquisite time at the farm, and what a wonderful upcoming trip. Jealousy is filling my heart right now!

    Happy birthday to your aunt ... 90 and still having parties, that's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great time you will have, Gemma.....I'm extremely jealous! I've always loved Native American culture and you are so lucky to be able to see parts of it in person. This is the second 90th birthday I've read about on blogs today.....may your Aunt enjoy her special day.

    Enjoy the trip ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite place in New Mexico is Ruidoso. I remember driving through en route to Tucson from Texas when I was in the military. Ruidoso was so green (probably the only place I saw in New Mexico that was green! LOL)... I saw a beautiful ranch with horses in the fields...sigh...memories. Thank you for those possibilities too, Gemma. I hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You lucky woman! That area of the continent is one of my favourites. I'll be travelling there again, too, in the not-too-distant future, so I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures, and seeing the art you create. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how wonderful, Gemma! I'm so excited for you, and I must admit to a wee bit of envy -- both for the opportunity to walk through a citrus orchard and the trip. I totally loved my one voyage through that area of the country, it was incredible and changed my life -- and I didn't even get to visit Taos! (It's on my to-do-before-I-die list, tho.)

    Must be one of the most beautiful places on earth, the American Southwest...

    Have a smashing time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gemma,

    Trying to comment again! I am so excited and happy for you. I have always wanted to see Santa Fe and Taos.

    I don't know if I could trade with you - fruit trees, but stifling heat too, but I surely would love to pick an orange or a lime off a tree and bite into it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That walk sounds s owonderful and inviting...I felt I was with you! Thank you Gemma. I love Santa Fe and Taos! I was in Santa Fe lat November..*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  10. You painted a great picture with your words here Gemma.
    Hubby fell in love with AZ, and says he has to take me there one day.
    Have a great trip with your sister. I know you will have a wonderful time.
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds so LOVELY! Pomegrante trees and peacocks, how inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well that is all just too wonderful: AZ and NM, Native American art and blankets, grapefruit right off the tree, getting away with your sister, Julia and Georgia. Heaven on earth. Enjoy. I can't wait to see what you post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing you wondrous possibilities, Gemma - enjoy!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gemma
    Enjoy your Aunt's party, and give her a big kiss from me! 90 is pretty darn special.
    New Mexico! I would love to go there. One day...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wonderful! I'm planning a return trip to New Mexico next year. I love the place. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How exciting! I am looking forward to reading about your adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete