Sunday, October 4, 2009

Self Portrait

About 2 years ago I joined a challenge at Violette's to do 101 self portraits. I have done 81 of them.

Since Following the Masters has the self portrait challenge going on now I thought I'd do #82:



To see my other self portraits go here .

Most of them don't look like me at all.
Usually my self portraits are more about something I'm doing at the time.
Also I try to make myself look better than I really do,
fewer wrinkles, fewer chins, otherwise there might be a small likeness.

8 comments:

  1. I've done about 3 self portraits and I was actually thinking of doing another. It's been a while since I last did that and I really don't know if I can do it again. I love your self portraits, they are awesome. You are very good at your craft. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh oh!!!
    i LOVE those pink streaks of hair !!!
    and the eyes are lovely with the glasses half way!
    que bonita Senora!!!

    Gemma:
    your five words are,
    ~love
    ~mariposa
    ~sun
    ~pink
    ~bliss

    Have fun!!!
    and hugs from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love your self-portraits! Especially the air-head libra and some of the "wild woman".
    [BTW, I also think one of the pages in Violette's book about journaling looked so much like you!]
    Wonderful photo by Nature Girl too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture and you just go ahead and idealize the heck out of yourself. I would do the same thing. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous, Gemma! I love the coloring aruond your head and my!!! What beautiful big eyes you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fave: "Old Paper and Me". I love that you so often thought outside the box for this project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is beautiful. Love the colors. I finished my 101's long ago and now they just sit around in a box. Fun to go thru once in awhile! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete