Sunday, October 3, 2010

Savory

A local farm has a huge Pumpkin and Chile Festival every October.
It's a great place to get ideas, recipes and enjoy flavors of the season.

                                                          Pumpkins and chilies 
                                                          by Elda Abramson

I am going to make a savory Chili Pumpkin soup with dried red Chilies, fresh cooked pumpkin, onion, garlic and spices. Blended in food processor until creamy. Serve with lime, cilantro and dollop of sour cream.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!
    Save me some..!
    Sounds like the perfect soup for Fall.
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious!! Maybe you've inspired me to make my mom's pumpkin casserole if I can find the recipe. It requires caramelized onions, butter and lots of pepper. It's not low in calories but it's through the roof in flavor! :)

    ReplyDelete