Saturday, March 5, 2011

You have everything you need to begin....

~ an auspicious new moon
~ rusted cookie tin left out in the rain
~tRUST 
~a few funky old boxes
~OPTIONS
~willingness
~pretty charms and things
~glass tiles
~ heART
~determination
~desire

I am beginning my shrine for the Oaxaca Street Children Grassroots shrine auction to be held May 1-7.
The auction is organized by a wonderful woman and my new friend rebecca recuerda mi corazon.
Many talented artists are participating. Will update link list as they emerge. 
It is very exciting to see these beautiful shrines come into existence.
I have a few ideas but no  real plan...
Only faith and a prayer that something beautiful will rise from my efforts that will help these children.

5 comments:

  1. gemma!!!

    i have just come in from the studio where i am praying my shrine into existence. here you are, ruminating, collecting, conjuring too. thank you for embracing this project and sharing the invitation with your readers too!

    love the sneak peeks!!!
    i am all eyes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this time of year...the shrine aution is one of my favorite charity events...such a wonderful cause and the artists are amazing.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great project Gemma. Looking forward to seeing the finished shrine!
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gemma a wonderful project a gift from your heart.Remember the castle and all that creativity!
    I love rusted art..I have several in my garden.
    love and light anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're beautiful, so the shrine will be!

    ReplyDelete