Sunday, September 16, 2012

Postcards

 
Vintage paper parasol
 
solved ugly ceiling  light fixture

to my satisfaction.

 
There is task lighting in this room so I didn't really use the overhead light much.
However the fixture itself bugged me. 
It was really ugly.
I tried a new fixture ....blecch....
other solution
draped a scarf over it
..blecch..blecch..
 
Finally I found some vintage Asian parasols at a thrift store.
Cut the bamboo handle down on one of them
then wired it to the ceiling fixture.
viola
It creates the softness I want in there.
 
~
 
linked to
Postcards from Paradise

7 comments:

  1. oh gemma....i love this soft memory of summer rains in japan every time you look up!
    perfect
    ingenious
    solution.

    (it's always about the light!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great solution! I'm sure the light is soft and romantic...much better than something harsh and ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're amazing and so creative! I shouldn't be surprised. This makes for a much more sensuous light in the room I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative and such a warm ambiance it must create ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete

  5. Your improvisation is astonishing, a woman after my own heart!
    Enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this solution, Gemma. I've wondered from time to time how to mount them. You make it sound so easy. I think I will look for a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful "light bulb moment" solution. ;) I love the look! XOXO

    ReplyDelete