Sunday, April 26, 2015

Borderlands

My Mother told many stories of her childhood growing up on the Mimbres River in New Mexico. I went there on a pilgrimage of sorts to see the places she told us about. While there I came to many dead ends and couldn't find places she had mentioned. While driving around I saw a mail box with the name "Bounds" on it. I realized that I was out of "bounds". Those were her memories and I could not visit them. This morning I looked up Mimbres River on the internet and found this Border symbol made by the indigenous people of the area.
True borderlands

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a journey. Good think you were listening... I couldn't find any A to Z Blogging posts here. Am I looking in the wrong place? Lisa, co-host AtoZ 2015, @ http://www.lisabuiecollard.com

    ReplyDelete