Monday, May 5, 2014

in one of my journals~

a favorite quote

Feathers donated by Macawhead and Ms. Wee
 
Feathers shall raise men
even as they do birds,
toward Heaven:
that is by letters written
with their quills.
~Leonardo Da Vinci

~

Leonardo was so tuned into the natural world.
One of the questions he asked in his
Notebook:
"How do birds fly?"
Of course he tried flying as well.
He
may have been
the first human to try to invent
a flying machine.
~
Also in my Journal:
"Find the time to practice flight"
~
Still working on it.
:-)

7 comments:

  1. Leonardo was amazing! Imagine if he was alive today.
    These feathers are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leonardo knew so much about things that were to be. His drawings depict his thoughts and experiments. Love the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms Wee grows the prettiest feathers!
    Indeed a great quote...and flying...
    that is best practiced
    in bed... asleep. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feathers are something I want to get better at drawing and painting - they represent magical spiritual wonderfulness to me, the dreamer. Leonardo was a fascinating man that I enjoy learning about in fact and fiction (do you watch 'Da Vinci's Demons' - hubbie & I really enjoy?). And it is on my wish list to visit Florence in as near future as I can make happen :-)
    Hugs
    Kat Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quote, and awwww, sweet feathers. She's nesting right now. I tried writing with her quills once. Didn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful feathers from Ms Wee! And another great quote...Leonardo had such a fantastic mind and so much talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful feathers and words. world is so alive with the sounds our feathered friends make since they arrived back from migration!

    ReplyDelete