Sunday, January 2, 2011

Janus

A doorway into the new year.Janus is the Roman god of gates,windows, doorways, beginnings, and endings.
Last month I met a photographer named Gina Santi at an art fair.  I fell in love with her beautiful photographs of doors and windows from around the world. We met near the end of the day and there was no money left in my pockets.
My checkbook was at home. I really wanted to get her calendar and some note cards.
So she gave them to me!
What a gesture of kindness.
Actually I did pay her for them later.
The above photograph is one from her 2011 calendar now hanging in the kitchen in gemmashouse.

6 comments:

  1. This is a very handsome picture; the colors and mood are very masculine. I enjoyed visiting her site. Carousel horses were a fav.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Windows and doors are also to my liking. That was very kind of her and how nice that you paid her later. Just like you Gemma, all heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo. Your new acquaintance sounds wonderful too. What sweet and generous gestures of faith and trust on both your parts...
    I love images of windows, doors, archways - they are like portals into other worlds and remind me of the Universe's infinite possibilities.
    Wishing you a happy, healthy, safe and prosperous New Year, Gemma! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love windows and doors too Gemma. This is a great picture. Please show us the rest of the year as it unfolds!
    Best wishes to you dear friend for 2011
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Janus and what it represents!I love the photo..much talent I agree. Time for me to call you.hugs

    ReplyDelete